Shop Around When Buying Electronic Home Security
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Security Companies and other Home Security topics.
Should I shop around for the best prices?
The nation's leading industry group for promoting standards for home security companies encourages consumers to shop around when buying electronic protection.
The National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association not only represents the industry but also provides certification and training for professionals. It tells consumers to ask security companies about employee training, screening and certification. Here are some other tips for choosing the right security company for your home protection:
- Make sure the company has the proper state and local licenses to conduct business.
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been filed against the business.
- Check with local police to see if they have experience dealing with the security company.
- Ask friends, neighbors and your local insurance agent for referrals to home security companies.
- If you are visited by a company representative for an appointment, ask for identification and look for a company vehicle with a logo.
- If you are ordering your home security package by phone or in person, ask for a quote in writing before agreeing to payment.
- Compare prices and offers by at least three companies before making your decision.