Select Security Products to Enhance Protection
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about General Home Security Tips and other Home Security topics.
What types of home security products are available?
Protect your home by identifying vulnerable areas and choosing products that provide the protection your home needs.
Some police agencies will do walk-throughs of your home to point out ways to improve security. Or walk your property and judge for yourself whether it is burglar-proof. Imagine how you would try to gain entry into your own home if your were an intruder. Your best bet for protection may be a basic home security system. Here are some standard products to consider:
- Door and window sensors that detect when an intruder tries to enter.
- Motion detectors that alert you to movement in hallways and rooms.
- Keypads that allow you to arm your security system from anywhere in the home.
- Home security cameras that record the movements of intruders, and can be used as evidence by police.
- Door chimes that alert you when a young child slips out of the house without your knowledge.
- Centralized control of emergency services in your home, including the burglar alarm, panic button and one-touch contact for medical and fire officials.
- Remote monitoring that allows you to see and check on your property from miles away.